Reputation Management & Social Listening
Resources to help with monitoring brand mentions online:
- Google Alerts – be alerted by email or RSS when new mentions are indexed by Google
- talkwalker – be alerted by email for new mentions in social media – especially powerful for lesser known blogs and forums
- mention – be alerted of new brand mentions on the web and in social media
- TweetDeck – follow streams of Twitter posts based for mentions and keywords; manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Hootsuite – follow streams of Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for mentions and keywords; manage multiple social media accounts
- Back Tweets – stores historical tweets
- Twitter Search – search Twitter for any term, topical hashtags and more. You can also narrow down your search parameters (geographic, links, sentiment, etc.) with advanced search.
- Topsy – search Twitter history (tweets since 2006)
- FriendFeed Search – be alerted by RSS when new mentions are made on FriendFeed and other social networks.
- Monitter – watch mentions on Twitter in real time (auto refreshes). Allows for adjusting the number of columns (i.e. the number of phrases to follow) and viewing mentions only from those within a certain distance from any location (note: for postal codes, include the space between the first three and last three digits). RSS feeds are available – great for tracking mentions from those in a specific geographic area.
- Blogtrottr – have RSS feed updates emailed to you.
Resources for connecting with or following influencers:
- Followerwonk – search Twitter profile bios and sort results by multiple variables; gain insight into your Twitter followers
Resources to help with analyzing effects of social media activity:
- TrueSocialMetrics – Helps with analyzing ROI of social media efforts; limited free version; pricing plans for deeper features and capabilities